We teach the same occupational therapy curriculum, with the same teaching staff at both campuses – however, the Medway programme begins in April of each year.
The Medway Campus of Canterbury Christ Church University, is based at the Universities at Medway on the Chatham Maritime site. It provides a supportive and professional learning, teaching and research environment in the heart of the Medway towns and within easy access of London.
Studying at Medway Campus means you will benefit from:-
- First class facilities
- Teaching from highly skilled staff, many of whom have worked in practice
- Excellent accommodation close to the campus
- A supportive and welcoming learning environment
The learning environment
The buildings – Rowan Williams Court and Cathedral Court, plus the St George’s Centre (shared with Medway Council), have lots on offer to support you in your studies or research.
- Well-equipped library (Drill Hall)
- Cafe with internet access
- i-zone desk offering advice on a wide range of student matters
- Simulation Suite/Skills labs for health and social care students
- Student breakout areas
- Two lecture theatres which can be video linked to accommodate large groups
- IT suites, seminar and tutorial rooms
The library and the Students’ Union are shared with the University of Kent and University of Greenwich as part of the Universities at Medway Partnership.
Our bookshop, although based at Canterbury, has strong links and regularly supports students at the Medway campus.
Drill Hall library
A major facility available to all students studying at the Universities at Medway is the state-of-the-art Drill Hall Library.
The building, at 184 metres long, is thought to be the longest library in Europe and contains 2.7 miles of shelving, an extensive collection of around 130,000 books and journals, 400 computers and 100 netbooks/laptops, training rooms, and discussion spaces.