Completing this tool may help you decide not only if this is the right course for you, but is it the right time in your life?
Don’t forget we have no upper age limit.
Use this tool to identify your current personal strengths and weaknesses, and areas that will help you (opportunities) or may cause you to rethink through some difficult areas (weaknesses).
- What do you do well?
- What do other people see as your strengths?
- What has been your major achievement in your current role?
- What do you consider to be your greatest strength?
- What knowledge and/or skill can you share with others?
- Under what circumstances do you learn/develop best?
- What could you improve?
- What have you had most difficulty with?
- What weaknesses have others observed?
- What feedback have you got that demonstrates your weaknesses?
- Did you progress at the rate you expected to?
- Under what circumstances did you fail to learn/develop?
- What resources are available to you to help you improve those areas of weakness?
- Do you know what you will be needing to carry out your role in the future, how can you maximise on these opportunities?
- Is there any help you can get for things that concern you?
- Are there opportunities for you to build on your strengths?
- Can you choose your own method of development?
- Do you have personal issues that will prevent you from developing?
- Can you anticipate events that might prevent you from developing?
- Are you able to reflect accurately on your development?
- Are you being realistic about your capabilities?